Therapeutic laser therapy is a highly effective, non-surgical treatment for low back, neck and disc pain, soft tissue injuries, chronic pain, joint conditions, arthritis and inflammatory conditions.
Therapeutic laser therapy is a simple and painless physical modality that emits photons (light energy) in very specific regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Treatment times vary based on the type of injury as well as the size of the area to be treated, but most treatments take less than 15 minutes.
What can it be used for?
Therapeutic laser therapy can be used to safely and effectively treat the following conditions:
What are the benefits?
- Pain relief. Stimulates release of the body's own pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain, adrenal glands and other areas.
- Rapid cell growth. Accelerated cellular reproduction and growth.
- Increased metabolic and vascular activity. Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and nutrient delivery to blood cells and more effective immune response as well as stimulating blood and lymph circulation.
- Reduced scar tissue formation. Improves quality of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, post-surgery or adhesions.
- Anti-inflammatory action. Reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation to improve joint mobility.
- Stimulated nerve function. Speeds process of nerve cell reconnection to bring numb areas back to life as well as increasing amplitudes of action potentials to optimize muscle function.
Combine Light and Cold
Cyrotherapy can be used in combination with Laser Therapy to prevent injuries and recover from injuries. Go to the CryoTherapy page for more information on The Power of Cold >>